Thursday, October 15, 2009

Camp T.A.G.

Just passing along this information:)

Hello VA/MD/DC Groups,

I hope all is well. I know many of you have wondered about Camp T.A.G.'S future since I made the move to FAAN. I'm so happy to share with you that Camp T.A.G. has been approved by our Board of Directors and will be a FAAN program.

Camp T.A.G. will launch Summer 2011 in 10 locations. The locations are:

NOVA
Silver Spring, MD
Raleigh, NC
Philadelphia, PA
North NJ/NYC
Long Island, NY
Oak Brook, IL
Joliet, IL
San Francisco, CA
Houston, TX

Also, in Summer 2012, we will pilot a one-week sleep-away camp for ages 10-17. The sleep-away camps will be held at colleges and universities in 3-4 locations throughout the country. The kids can stay in the dorms, it is less contained, and closer to a hospital should we need one. We are planning on doing the pilot sleep-away camp at Johns Hopkins University and then add areas to the midwest and west.

This is very exciting news! I will be sending out a formal announcement to all US Support Groups soon, but I wanted to give you all the heads up.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to come speak to your groups to tell you more about Camp T.A.G. and the other educational programs we are working on, including the 2010 Food Allergy Conferences. They have been totally revamped, and we'll be giving the members more of what they want. There is also a 4th location that has been added for our conferences...Las Vegas. The conferences are going to be GREAT!

I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Best,
Eleanor

No comments: